How To Be Consistent: 5 Steps To Get Things Done
I am in the process of also incorporating some information for other small businesses! I try and set aside some small amounts of time to allow myself to focus and re-focus before becoming burned out. The five pieces below are what I use often to get my self back to “normal”.
- Keep your eyes focused on what you are doing what you are doing and why ? I have to take time away from everyone else place on my blinders and work. My office is currently in a totally separate location in my home from my family. It helps me take a little time and just really focus on what I am working on. So what does that mean. When I am on “focus time” I don’t allow myself to listen to audio books, listen to music, or even play on Facebook.
- Pick your battle! Just one! Let’s not try to fight the war in one sitting. Plot out what goals it battles you want to solve that day. Remember you can’t do it all in one day. If you try to win the war in one shot, you will get up burning out and never get your goal completed.
- Schedule I have a wall calendar that I use to plot out sales, discounts, emails, design time, etc for my company. OK, that sounds stupid. BUT i can tell you when I sit down and look at the calendar and know what I need to focus on .. I actually get it done!
- Ignore your feelings Boo hoo for us. I don’t want to do it, I feel sick, I am suck. Get over yourself. If this was easy EVERYONE would have a successful business. Everyone would be doing this. They can’t. 90% of the people I know could NEVER do this. EVER! Thy are too lazy or full of “I can’t do this.. or that” well then. Let them be like that and you move forward!
- Catch that wagon Just cause the wagon moved doesn’t mean that you can’t jump on again soon. Just because you missed something.. it will come back. But make sure you are working on something else.
I would love to hear from you.
- What do you think about this goals for getting focused?
- Have you tried any of these or all them!?
- Which have helped you get focused.
What is your favorite way to get focused? Please comment below!
Keep Moving Forward,
PS: Do you own a small business?? Please note that we own a custom rubber stamp company! We can help you with branding! Check out our listings!